What's new

Remembrance Day

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Remembrance Day

Oh, we may do that with larger reserve units, I don't really know. Most of the reserve units I've seen were deployed in whole than just task organized out to a regular unit. Most of the reserves I saw were specialized units though, that the regular army doesn't have units for. Like the bridgers, PSYOPS, and CA.

Ah it's okay Burrito, I didn't do the job to earn support. I did it for my comrades more than anyone else. Basically you want to support me go right ahead. You don't thats fine too.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, I support you. I believe that if it weren't for our armed services, America might not exist today.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Might not? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't. And that stands for any nation... except Iceland.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Costa Rica as well, since they've never had an army.

What I meant is that I really believe that everyone in the world is entitled to support me or not. I'm still willing to die for their freedom. On occasion I feel I'm on the wrong side, but I still love everything I stand for.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't know enough about quakers to see what that has to do with that quote...

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I'm more than late, but I'll raise my apple today regardless. My brother is joining the military, and my grandfather is a veteran with plenty of stories. Just from what I've heard from each of them, military life has to be one of the most unique experiences someone can go through, in war or peace.

Andora is another country with virtually no military. I read that virtually their entire (minuscule) "defence" budget is spent on blank ammunition for ceremonial purposes. Landlocked by allies, and pretty much uninvolved with any international affairs, so I guess they simply don't need it. Still makes me wonder what these military ceremonies regard to though.

Reputation score

The connection was directed more at the whole thread, and not so much at just that quote. The quote is there just because I agree with it. The irony that I see at least is because quakers are pacifist.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ah, gotcha.

Well, way I see it soldiers make it that much easier to be a pacifist, as they are the ones that "stand guard on the walls" so others may sleep comfortably.

Now, I'm not trying to blow sunshine up my own asshole with that little statement, because everyone has a part to play in the moving gears of their particular nation.

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, way I see it soldiers make it that much easier to be a pacifist, as they are the ones that "stand guard on the walls" so others may sleep comfortably.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I... I completely forgot about that movie. I paraphrased his speach without even thinking about it.

Ha! Oh well, it worked.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Once again this honoured day comes around, and I raise a glass to fallen friends who did not get to come home with me.

We are now in a time were not all Veterans are elderly, and not all those with memories of the horrors that men and women can do to one another are in retirement. Let us remember those that fought for our freedoms in wars past, and those that still fight today in the deserts of foreign nations to save who they can.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

*Quietly plays Taps in the background*

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I found a young veteran with a fucked up back and neck the perfect massage chair today. He's going to get it in about a week; hopefully it'll at least make him a little more comfortable. That's sort of the best way I can think of to pay homage to the people that fight for me. I was really surprised to see that the guy was really not much older than I was, maybe by three or four years. Kind of scary when I think about it.

Anyway, I've always been an opponent of war and the military in general, but I'll raise a glass to those who have risked their lives to ensure that people like me can live comfortably, without fear. You're better people than I am.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

*Sigh*

I wish I had a crusty grandpa who fought in a war...

Seriously though, I always feel odd around veterans. They just seem like they've experienced things I could never even imagine. It's a neat feeling, but I wish I could give it a name.

Anyway, cheers to the vets. I'm anti-war, but I'm pro-vet.

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Bless those that put themselves in a situation that may cripple the body or haunt the mind to protect others. Not sure what else to say.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

I was really surprised to see that the guy was really not much older than I was, maybe by three or four years. Kind of scary when I think about it.
A lot of these guys and gals are still just kids really... It's kinda sad.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Even as a pacifist, I have an enormous amount of respect for anybody willing to risk their own future in order to do what they believe is right. Veterans have definitely earned the respect they get and then some.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Being slightly younger then some of you, most of the people I grew up with who went in are still there. So far they've all been doing pretty good, but most still have upwards of six months to go, and most have kids of their own, or some on the way...

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I was really surprised to see that the guy was really not much older than I was, maybe by three or four years. Kind of scary when I think about it.
I was only 20 when I went over, and a guy in another platoon was only 19... maybe 18. Young folks barely out of highschool start training and sign a dotted line saying they've committed themselves to the coming mission, fully aware of everything that can happen because they drill it into our heads. It is kind of scary, but it's always the young that have fought. All those old vets we see today were only 18/19 or so when they went into WWII. Folks even lied about their age to get in early.

It's a sad thing of war...

Also, a picture done up by artist Silvia Pecota.