What's new

Shrifted

Reputation score
I'm updating the patch.
I've gotten rid of the Moth/Heart issue.
However I've found no reliable way to translate the Magnum and Shotgun properly (sending it again to google trad gives the same result).
The temporary solution is to strip Japanese characters. It cuts some information but seems to somehow work.

> BEGIN STRING
∞マグナム
> CONTEXT: Skills/787/name
> CONTEXT: Weapons/90/name
Magnum#MTLed ------------------- (instead of ∞ Magnum)
> END STRING

I believe I would get a better result if I were to update the dictionary (sfx and obscure names are otherwise poorly handled by google trad).
That's something I'll do when I improve how I extract names from text files.

I think I've manually fixed all the instances of Infinite guns, I'll see if I can get a more progress on my own so I can present my changes over to you so you can have a better patch.....

Edit: Okay, just pushed a good chunk of work out and committed it to my fork, here's the link again:

Last edited:
OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks, I'll update this WE.
Last time I had to download them with Github desktop instead of directly from the download link: all line return characters were somehow stripped from later version.
I don't know if it happens to you too. I also don't know how it happens and how to fix it properly.
I wish the users could just pick the latest patch directly from the github if they already have the patcher instead of relying on me.
It's not a problem when I'm still around, I'm probably also going to mod the patcher to easily update the machine translation on the github files.

Last edited:

Juicyjuice

Reputation score
Mod note: Removed malicious link from quote
Edit: Spammer is gone. Thanks mods!

Last edited:

Shrifted

Reputation score
I updated a bit more to my translation branch since I last spoke if you have any interest in making an updated patch when you have the time, Lv1.

As for the line returns, it shouldn't be a problem on my end, maybe it's from downloading the files from the site? I'm using Notepad++ to edit the files, so there shouldn't be any weird Windows only file problems...

Honestly the best solution is to just keep the fork open in Github Desktop, and sync to it when you need to grab the files. If you somehow get the machine translation to update on the github files easily, and you're willing to trust me, I can push straight to the main github and make new releases with it when I add to the translation.

Edit: Also found out the deal with the random hearts getting replaced with Moth, lol....

Last edited:

Civilincubus

Reputation score
By chance, will there be another update for the new content? No pressure, just checking. :cool:

Shrifted

Reputation score
What I'm working on will cover EX Dungeon 1 and the new content there and included with it. After that, we'll just have to see :3

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Any progress?

BTW, I tried to install the newest patch on my official copy and got .
I managed to fix it by creating the folder Patcher_Cache inside the Gaijinzer folder.

Last edited:

Shrifted

Reputation score
My machine translation work is actually 100% done, all I need to do is finish up some Beetle Harpy stuff I wanted to hand translate. After I do a bit of testing, I'll be good to release it. I'll hopefully release it this weekend, if all goes well. \o/

Shrifted

Reputation score
Crossposted from the main SHRIFT thread, patch notes for the new translation patch:
Well, here it is: I've finally worked on the new translation patch to the point where I'm comfortable releasing it.

There's a lot of work here, so I'll give you an overview of what I've covered....

Machine Translated:
  • All of EX Dungeon 1.
  • In addition, I've also machine translated the Side Stories that the dev has put into the game. After you've unlocked them, you can access them through Bonus->Extra Stories.
Hand Translated:
  • All of Beetle Harpy's lines and scenes (there's a ton here, so I may have missed some battle edge cases.)
  • All of the new items included in the shops, as well as the new items you can craft.
  • Almost all of the Battle Skills (You and the Enemies).
  • A good chunk of Chapter 4-2, and all of regular form Daiji's lines. (I had this all done a long time ago, so it was easy to add it in to this patch.)
  • A tiny bit of Main Menu cleanup.
I have not translated a few of the lines related to the Main Menu because they're a clunky mess to work with, and I honestly just wanted to get this out so I can take a break for a while. In addition, there are a few prior lines earlier in the game that have fixed typos (which means they are no longer translated) that I haven't gone back and fixed for the same reason. I'm currently using v5.08, but as with the prior patches by Lv1, this should be forward compatible with all versions going forward.

As always, back up your save folder and PublicData.rvdata2 before patching. It's probably best for you to start the EX Dungeon from the beginning if you're able, as I've had some issues where it won't properly apply the translations to the room you're in when you load a save file.

Hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

Micadi

Lurker
Reputation score
There might be something wrong with the translation files. I've downloaded the newest version of the game from DLSite applied the patch and decided to check is everything working properly. For some reason there seems to be problems with DLCs (from Cien), game crashes (in the first one) asking for pictures (6-001.png) that simply doesnt exist in the DLC (or at least haven't used to exist). Didnt have that problem in the older version of the game (4.17 - last version I was checking out). Additionally DLC name in memento machine is untranslated (despite it being translated once again in old version of the patch). One more minor mistake is lack of Iron Maiden;s name above her room in the save room (at least in the version after finishing the game)

Shrifted

Reputation score
Oh, I have no access to any Ci-EN DLC, so I can't translate or test them properly, sorry. Lack of Iron Maiden's name was in the previous patch, so I don't think I've done anything to change that...

podiewinkle

Reputation score
Hiya firstly thanks for all the hard work done here.

Im hoping for some advice I have played the game threw not too long ago and have just downloaded the new stuff from dlsite and patched it with the lastest one a few posts back from my completed save file I have no idea how to accsess any new content I have tried the crystals and get no luck am I missing somthing ?

Civilincubus

Reputation score

Im hoping for some advice I have played the game threw not too long ago and have just downloaded the new stuff from dlsite and patched it with the lastest one a few posts back from my completed save file I have no idea how to accsess any new content I have tried the crystals and get no luck am I missing somthing ?
Pretty sure you have to purchase individual content upgrades through the creator website . Use google translate, it's a bit like patreon.

Shrifted

Reputation score

You'll need to have Max Affection with Mother Rabbit and be bonded with her to have access to the first EX Dungeon. Additionally, you'll need at least version 5.0 or higher.

Blueelias

Reputation score
Pretty sure you have to purchase individual content upgrades through the creator website . Use google translate, it's a bit like patreon.
Ehh not true, I use the Ci-en site, and there isnt an upgrade on there. He will update the content on the game page because the EX dungeon is through the DLsite recent update

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Ehh not true, I use the Ci-en site, and there isnt an upgrade on there. He will update the content on the game page because the EX dungeon is through the DLsite recent update
Ah, perhaps I confusing access to the two additional scenes.

ROBOT200

Reputation score
Thanks, I'll update this WE.
Last time I had to download them with Github desktop instead of directly from the download link: all line return characters were somehow stripped from later version.
I don't know if it happens to you too. I also don't know how it happens and how to fix it properly.
I wish the users could just pick the latest patch directly from the github if they already have the patcher instead of relying on me.
It's not a problem when I'm still around, I'm probably also going to mod the patcher to easily update the machine translation on the github files.
could you post a video how to aplly patch cant seem to figger out what im doing something wrong.