What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

Clawfoot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Screenshot?
oops.jpg
When I asked Muruko to clear my stage 3 corruption, this error appeared. In addition when I checked my skills I noticed that the effect you get from losing to Mukuro, Mukuro's Double Suicide Partner, the second skill level onward where it shows (Lv1) it instead shows just (Lv) as pictured below.
whoops.jpg

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
View attachment 29010
When I asked Muruko to clear my stage 3 corruption, this error appeared. In addition when I checked my skills I noticed that the effect you get from losing to Mukuro, Mukuro's Double Suicide Partner, the second skill level onward where it shows (Lv1) it instead shows just (Lv) as pictured below.
View attachment 29012
Got it. That crash should be something easily fixable, I can add it onto the next patch. As for the lines in the Skill Menu, it looks like a character limitation... I think if I remove "Double" everything should fit on one line. That's always the unfortunate thing with JP->ENG: JP is made to fit in fewer characters then English is, so we occasionally butt up against line limits...

I'll add fixes to the next patch release, thanks for letting me know! 👍

funclone

Reputation score
1580387018960.png
Can anyone explain why I get this message after I implement the patch? I'm trying to do chapter 4 but this message pops up when I try to load my save. When I remove the patch it works fine. Is the patch like not ready for chapter 4 yet or do I need to do something? (I got my game from dlsite)

Anegorami

Reputation score
Can anyone explain why I get this message after I implement the patch? I'm trying to do chapter 4 but this message pops up when I try to load my save. When I remove the patch it works fine. Is the patch like not ready for chapter 4 yet or do I need to do something? (I got my game from dlsite)
IIRC the patch is "guaranteed" to work and provide the proper translation only as far as Chapter 2-3 (for now).
Still, try to copy file Graphics/Pictures/チャプター4-1.png to Gaijinizer/Pictures_en/Graphics/Pictures/チャプター4-1.png, that should solve the issue.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
@funclone While Chapter 4-1 is only machine translated, everything should still "work" perfectly fine. A quick look at chapter select on one of my old save files didn't give any error entering Chapter 4-1. The only way you should be getting an error is if the dev for some reason decided to change the Chapter Header picture name in between versions or something (???), which would be weird considering he hasn't done anything like that before. Anego's solution should work perfectly fine here, but I'm not sure why it would do that...

Tyranado

Reputation score
First time applying this patch, is my save from the old machine translation unable to be used here?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
First time applying this patch, is my save from the old machine translation unable to be used here?
Everything should be fine if you transfer it over. Do remember that if you ever want to transfer in new save files to a new installation of SHRIFT, you'll need to copy both the Save Folder and the PublicData.rvdata2 file (the shared save).

Last edited:
OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
1580579027690.png

The EX 2 Translation is nearly finished. I've put a lot of time into this one, if I were to give a estimate about the amount of text in this one it's around 4-5x the amount of EX1, or quite a bit more then the largest chapter text wise in the game (3-1). I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and right now I'm just running a few test playthroughs of it to make sure I haven't missed anything vital as well as cleaning up the last bits of the game. Initially it was mostly machine translated, but I've done a lot of cleanup work on it, and I've almost completely hand translated the last third of it (namely everything after the time you meet Hectate).

A few general reminders:
  • This isn't really meant to be up to the same standards as the full hand translations. This is meant to let you be able to get through EX2 and have a general idea about what's going on while enjoying the new content. Some parts can be a bit rough.
  • I'm pretty sure I've translated almost everything from JP->ENG, but there are *many* branches in the text in this one. I may have missed one or two minor lines as I've went through. On a similar note:
    The dev is using some really odd ways of storing text in the "debug menu". I couldn't properly translate some of the lines there due to that.
  • After you complete EX2, the red chest reward you obtain from it can be given to Maira. This unlocks a massive text dump as well as a huge teaser on what's about to come. None of this has been translated yet, mainly because I've already translated so much and I want to just release the huge chunk that I've already got done. Hopefully I'll be tackling it in the near future.

Anyways, hope to release this one to you soon! o/

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey Shrifted,

Thanks for all the work. The translation looks great, and youve done a fantastic job.

I have a rather basic question for you. When looking at the monster information inside of the red book you're introduced to in 1-1 (monsters / poses / descriptions / weaknesses / hp, etc), it looks like the "Details" section isnt displaying the full text description (Barghest ends at "appearing at the time of death with a howl to"). Is there a way to scroll down the details listed in that book so that I can read them?

Thanks.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Hey Shrifted,

Thanks for all the work. The translation looks great, and youve done a fantastic job.

I have a rather basic question for you. When looking at the monster information inside of the red book you're introduced to in 1-1 (monsters / poses / descriptions / weaknesses / hp, etc), it looks like the "Details" section isnt displaying the full text description (Barghest ends at "appearing at the time of death with a howl to"). Is there a way to scroll down the details listed in that book so that I can read them?

Thanks.
Yeah, we were talking about that on the previous page... To make it short, we can translate the bestiary entries, but that doesn't change the amount of text space allocated to fit the original JP text, which isn't enough to fit the new ENG text we want to put in. This causes all the text to cut off. We could directly alter the rvdata2 files to allocate more space, but then it we can't do that automatically with the patching software we're using...

At this point, it'll be lower on our priority list until everything else is done, unfortunately.

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yeah, we were talking about that on the previous page... To make it short, we can translate the bestiary entries, but that doesn't change the amount of text space allocated to fit the original JP text, which isn't enough to fit the new ENG text we want to put in. This causes all the text to cut off. We could directly alter the rvdata2 files to allocate more space, but then it we can't do that automatically with the patching software we're using...

At this point, it'll be lower on our priority list until everything else is done, unfortunately.
Got it. Thanks for the info.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
1581227605090.png

It's finally done. The grand EX2 first draft translation is finished! I'll restate what I said before about the translation from before:

I've put a lot of time into this one, if I were to give a estimate about the amount of text in this one it's around 4-5x the amount of EX1, or quite a bit more then the largest chapter text wise in the game (3-1). Initially it was mostly machine translated, but I've done a lot of cleanup work on it, and I've almost completely hand translated the last third of it (namely everything after the time you meetHectate ).

A few general reminders:
  • This isn't really meant to be up to the same standards as the full hand translations. This is meant to let you be able to get through EX2 and have a general idea about what's going on while enjoying the new content. Some parts can be a bit rough.
  • I'm pretty sure I've translated almost everything from JP->ENG, but there are *many* branches in the text in this one. I may have missed one or two minor lines as I've went through. On a similar note:
    [*]After you complete EX2, the red chest reward you obtain from it can be given to Maira. This unlocks a massive text dump as well as a huge teaser on what's about to come. None of this has been translated yet, mainly because I've already translated so much and I want to just release the huge chunk that I've already got done. Hopefully I'll be tackling it in the near future.
  • There are several other Post EX2 things that are unlocked by finishing it, which are currently untranslated. This patch was already getting absolutely gargantuan, and I just needed to finish the massive chunk I had and release it. I'll tackle them all at a later date.

With that out of the way, the changelog:
  • Patch has now been rebased to game version 6.02!
  • EX2 Machine/Hand Translation done. Post EX2 stuff will be translated in the future.
  • Haru&Liz's My Room has been hand translated.
  • Fixed a few minor bugs around Mukuro (namely removing corruption). Thanks for the bug report, Clawfoot!

One last random note: I know somebody has been uploading videos of the scenes to a few websites... if you're listening (and you obviously are, I can tell it's my translation), can you throw a link to the translation on this site in the description of your video? It'd be a big help to spread the word and help the dev out a ton (and honestly SHRIFT is a great game, and a lot more then it's scenes!), and I've seen a few people ask around for it. ;3

Thanks a lot, and hope you all enjoy! :3

Attachments

Last edited:

Fable51

Reputation score
Wow, caught me as I was going to bed lol. I'll try this out first thing tommorow, was looking forward to trying EX2, Amazing work as always!

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Really appreciate all your efforts on this, it keeps getting better and better to play.

SomebodyisNobody

Reputation score
Whoops, I put my error in the wrong thread! Color me embarassed...

I ran into an issue in chapter 2-1, where you've just gotten past the save room in the factory type place and run into the area where Haru and OtherCat are. I try to go into the grocery store and get this. Any help would be lovely as I'm worn out trying to figure it out. I feel like an idiot but... should I just grab the file from another rpgmaker game or something?

Edit: No wait, yeah. That fixed it.

... why was it missing in the first place..?

Attachments

Juicyjuice

Reputation score
Thanks again for all of your hard work. Just have to point out that the extra hoodie Haru scene in My Room after you have sex 5 times is still in Japanese.

Juicyjuice

Reputation score
Could I get you to put up a screenshot of the Japanese for me, Juicyjuice?
1581996198022.png

There you go. Now that I think about it, the dev did add the scene later on, so the scene might be in a different spot in the files. I'm just speculating though, since I don't know how you guys locate and work on stuff.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
1582520910076.png
A new patch is on schedule to come out sometime next weekend, covering all of Chapter 3-1.

However, we have a lot of other cool developments as well!

Thanks to Anegorami helping us with some technical backend stuff, we've fixed a lot of system and technical things. First off....

1582521185137.png 1582521217197.png

Item limits in the patched translation were totally, 100% busted. As you can see in the JP screenshot, there are limits on how many items you're allowed to carry along in your pack. The initial MT translated a constant name that *really* shouldn't have been translated, which is now fixed, so item limits have been restored.

1582521365629.png
As you can see up there, it will respect if you're over capacity after you install the new patch, but once you go below it all the extra items over cap you get will be stored in the Box. I've also completely cleaned up all the system screens with item management. Additionally, I've also cleaned up the Skill screens to be much, much easier to read then before:

1582521680875.png 1582521712205.png

Additionally, we fixed the Compendium!

1582522039222.png

Turns out the patcher didn't end Book Attribute tags right due to a bugged regex. With that fixed, Compendiums stuff works, and we'll be integrating that into our newer patches.

Changelog for 2.8:
  • Chapter 3-1 fully hand translated! This includes the Echo Pink Bed.
  • Nina's My Room fully hand translated!
  • Skill screen cleaned up
  • Fixed Item Limits
  • Compendium display bug fixed! Currently, both Lampas and Barghest are hand translated, more to come in the future.
  • Fixed some missing Haru text related to her added 3rd scene.
Hope to release this one to you soon, enjoy! :3

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
This translation looks great! Thank you for all your hard work so far!

How did you/will you translate the Sphinx's section? I imagine that would be tricky if not almost impossible with the quiz around Kanji