What's new

RPG RPG Maker Vore Loli Shota [Toro Toro Resistance] もんむす・くえすと! ぱらどっくすRPG中章 / Monster Girl Quest: Paradox (RJ201109)

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
That's all great info and I'll include it in the OP, but you're dealing with mechanics. I need a more general overview of gameplay; What is the overall objective(s), what are all these features in service of?

And Someone92, no, something that basic wouldn't fly.

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I need a more general overview of gameplay
It's an RPG.
You set forth for an adventure, defeat enemies, do quests, get experience, learn new skills and eventually become the hero that saves the world.

Or are you looking for a general overview of the gameplay of the typical RPG Maker game? You walk around on the map, fights are turn-based and such?

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
It's an RPG.
You set forth for an adventure, defeat enemies, do quests, get experience, learn new skills and eventually become the hero that saves the world.

Or are you looking for a general overview of the gameplay of the typical RPG Maker game? You walk around on the map, fights are turn-based and such?
Something more specific to this game. As @Umbraunt 's post demonstrates there's a lot more to it than "oh it's a generic RPGMaker RPG".

OP updated, moved back to Hentai Games - If anything is wrong, PM me

Last edited:

Umbraunt

Reputation score
Lemme see if I can ramble more toward what you're looking for. I assume you mean more of 'how do you get to the hentai', since the OP already has a story section.

Even at the very beginning of the game, something has gone dreadfully wrong with reality itself. Most of the story revolves around trying to sort out exactly what is going on and how to fix it, while simultaneously avoiding (or steering toward, your choice) getting Luka raped by a wide variety of monstergirls, often to death. All monsters have rape scenes if you party-wipe to them, and all party members have sex scenes at your portable base camp, with more unlocking as their affection rises. Most enemies also have Pleasure Attacks, usable on any party member but with unique dialogue when used on Luka, as well as offering a smaller "begging for mercy" sex scene when they get low on HP. Every town also has a "battle fucker" which is pretty much just "does Luka have enough HP to survive this girl going to town on his dick?" with a reward the first time you 'win', but are repeatable as often as you like regardless of the outcome.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Lemme see if I can ramble more toward what you're looking for. I assume you mean more of 'how do you get to the hentai', since the OP already has a story section.

-Quip-
Or, just something along the lines of:

"Disclaimer: There is an ongoing translation project by Dargoth and a few community members. If you are interested in their progress, check [insert point of reference here] for more information. Do not inquire as to when the translation will be finished. Just assume it will be done when it will be done. If you wish to contribute, Dargoth's discord (insert hyperlink in this sentence) is here.

"Monster Girl Quest: Paradox RPG is based off the highly-popular Monster Girl Quest series of visual novels. In this spin-off, the characters and events of the original visual novel series are noticeably altered from their original timeline counterparts. Luka (the main series protagonist) is thrown into an adventure to discover the reason for his father's disappearance, the meaning behind the mysterious message of the Goddess Ilias, and to delve deep into the inexplicably-appearing chasms known as "Tartarus Pits". Accompanying him are his childhood friend Sonya, the Monster Lord/Goddess Ilias, and a variety of companions from the story itself!"

"In this trilogy, you can:

-Recruit monsters both from the original trilogy, and new additions for this rpg series!
-Engage special event combatants called "Battle-Fuckers" to test Luka's sexual stamina and attain special rewards!
-Experience an engaging and unique story set in the Monster Girl Quest universe!
-Choose your own class, race, weapons, etc in a unique rpg system!

"Many questions will be asked. Who is the mysterious "White Rabbit"? Where did the Tartarus Pits come from? What is happening to the timeline? And, most of all...

How will it all end?"

Short, sweet, and gives a description while not revealing anything unnecessarily. I would say if I missed anything in the list of features, it can be added to.

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Here's a little script for those who use the Bitbucket translation:

Ruby:
#==============================================================================
# ■ Simple Variable Updater for Paradox for RPG Maker VX Ace by Lv1VillagerA
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Fell free to use/modify it as long as you give me credit
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# This script is intended for use when resuming a game session.
#==============================================================================

module LVL1_SVU

JAP_REGEX   = /\p{Hiragana}|\p{Katakana}|\p{Han}/
  ACTORS_MAX  = 1000

def self.update_actors
    for i in 0..ACTORS_MAX do
      begin
        if $game_actors[i]
          $game_actors[i].name = to_eng_name(i) if $game_actors[i].name =~ JAP_REGEX
          $game_actors[i].nickname = to_eng_nickname(i) if $game_actors[i].nickname =~ JAP_REGEX
        end
      rescue
      end
    end
  end

def self.to_eng_name(index)
    data_name = $data_actors[index].name
    if data_name =~ JAP_REGEX #not translated
      return to_eng(data_name)
    else
      return data_name
    end
  end

def self.to_eng_nickname(index)
    data_nickname = $data_actors[index].data_nickname
    if data_name =~ JAP_REGEX #not translated
      return to_eng(data_nickname)
    else
      return data_name
    end
  end

def self.to_eng(s)
    return s #TODO
  end

def self.default_method
    update_actors
  end

end

class Scene_Load < Scene_File

alias :previous_on_load_success :on_load_success

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # ● on_load_success (RMG Maker VX Ace script)
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------

def on_load_success
    #run previous
    previous_on_load_success

LVL1_SVU::default_method
  end

end
In script editor:
Performance: 0.07 s on save file load.
Notes: It doesn't translate names already in english. If the name is in Japanese it uses the default (translated) name in the database (Actors.rvdata2).
For paradox part 3 I'm planning to add a quick Hiragana, Katakana -> Romaji converter.

It gets rids of Japanese names you got if you were playing the untranslated version and would now be stored in your save files.

Before:

After:

You need an already translated game (Data folder) or this script will do nothing for you.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Luka has an affection meter. That's something I never noticed, but is curious, regardless. Is it just an oversight on the part of the translation team, that they fucked up a line and accidentally gave him an affection meter? Or, is it related to something we've yet to see? Or, does TTR not have a way to remove it? It seems like a really weird oversight, that.

I'm not a fan of something that only translates a small part of the game. If anything, I would want something that translated dialogue and names before I even consider it. Maybe I'm just an entitled cunt, though.

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I think Luka already had an affection meter. This has to do with how RPGMaker is coded. Windows are a pain and it's just easier to make a window display all values than making a smart window.

Also, as far as I know, translators always forget to translate save files so go complain to them.
The script doesn't add any translation and isn't needed if you started with a translated game.
It's just there for that one case you started playing with the Japanese version.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Luka has an affection meter. That's something I never noticed, but is curious, regardless. Is it just an oversight on the part of the translation team, that they fucked up a line and accidentally gave him an affection meter? Or, is it related to something we've yet to see? Or, does TTR not have a way to remove it? It seems like a really weird oversight, that.

I'm not a fan of something that only translates a small part of the game. If anything, I would want something that translated dialogue and names before I even consider it. Maybe I'm just an entitled cunt, though.
something something spaghetto code, removing little things can easy cause mayor bugs to the point to make the whole game unstable and unplayable.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
something something spaghetto code, removing little things can easy cause mayor bugs to the point to make the whole game unstable and unplayable.
"What do you mean removing that one piece of dialogue that was irrelevant to the plot caused the entire game to become unplayable? That makes literally no sense!"-Every development lead ever.

Gamessmasher

Reputation score
Hello, Games from the wiki here, got directed here after checking out paradox stuff. Saw that the game guild on the main page is incomplete (Stops at Succubus Village), and would like to offer the wiki's guild. The entire main story is complete, with only a few side quests that need to be added in (Mostly the pocket castle quests and recruiting the queens.)

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
So I just realized Gaijinizer is actually great for modding games.
Enjoy Fullscreen ++ mod (press F5/F6) + mouse mod (finally get one free hand) + name fix + faster skip

Attachments

Learch

Lurker
Reputation score
Big news guys!

Main Story is done! It looks like there's only some sidequests remaining to handle, but it means that the game is now in a more-or-less playable state for us.

If your plan was to go replay MGQ before starting a fresh game before the translation gets completed, then this is probably the time to do that.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Big news guys!

Main Story is done! It looks like there's only some sidequests remaining to handle, but it means that the game is now in a more-or-less playable state for us.

If your plan was to go replay MGQ before starting a fresh game before the translation gets completed, then this is probably the time to do that.
Where is the news from? Discord?
The Bitbucket hasn't had a commit since January.

Learch

Lurker
Reputation score
Where is the news from? Discord?
The Bitbucket hasn't had a commit since January.
Dargoth's bitbucket hasn't, but ArzorX's has. Someone other than Dargoth has finished the main story, it seems.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Dargoth's bitbucket hasn't, but ArzorX's has. Someone other than Dargoth has finished the main story, it seems.
Ah okay. Thanks. I remember seeing his name involved in Dargoth's bitbucket in the past, so maybe they just decided to have him finish it on his own page. I wasn't aware, though.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Sorry for the double-post, but after doing some research, and even taking a look at the "other team's" translation.... it sucks. Some of what I looked at is flat out wrong. The tone and intent becomes lost because they aren't familiar with the grammar structures, and I think they just machine-translated it and then took a fucking guess at what it was. I hope Dargoth keeps working on it, but often times when there's another translation (even one of lower quality like a machine-translation), it deters others from doing/continuing it. It's a shame, but it's probably what we'll have to deal with. Overall, the best course of action for me, personally, is to learn more kanji and just play the game in Japanese... lol. My vocabulary when it comes to fantasy terms and things of a sexual nature is pretty weak, though.

Jirall

Reputation score
Hey, BluFalcon. If you do decide to play Monmusu Paradox game in Japanese, something that may help is using an OCR (Optical character recognition) tool. This process is admittedly slow and tiring (due to the amount of dialogue present in the game), but overall I think it can be useful if one has enough patience. The process basically consists in converting an image (by taking a print) of a phrase or kanji which may be difficult to understand, into plain text (by using OCR). After doing that, additional tools such as Rikaikun or Honyaku Star can provide the meaning and readings of words. As for OCR sites, I recommend mainly ocr.space, but sometimes there may be an error in identifying a specific kanji, something which using other OCR tools may remedy.

Anyway, perhaps there is a better and easier process which I am not aware of, but I hope this helps.

Learch

Lurker
Reputation score
Some of what I looked at is flat out wrong. The tone and intent becomes lost because they aren't familiar with the grammar structures, and I think they just machine-translated it and then took a fucking guess at what it was.
That's actually kind of a strong claim. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but would you mind providing an example?

It's possible that their team will take notice and produce a better translation as a result.

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
That's actually kind of a strong claim. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but would you mind providing an example?

It's possible that their team will take notice and produce a better translation as a result.
I think the cause for some miss translations would be that there was multiple people typing different scenes that have different interpretations.
They are chucking out edits to make the translation more natural.