What's new

What made you feel giddy today?

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: What made you feel giddy today?

Nonono... I was thinking they would be making comic books...

Oh, yes. and 1001 Arabian Nights and 1001 posts, wewt?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Too bad they're not real superheroes, maybe then the Leafs could actually play better.

I kind of like the Bruin just looking through them myself, though I think that's just because I like bears.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Too bad they're not real superheroes, maybe then the Leafs could actually play better.

I kind of like the Bruin just looking through them myself, though I think that's just because I like bears.
Heh, if they're all superheroes the leafs are still in the same position. Damn they just need to get their shit together...

Still, says something about loyalty if ye got that shitty a team and can still pack stadiums.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well darn, good point. It's okay though I'm used to cheering for underachieving teams, well until last year that was. Leafs, Cubs, Saints all pretty much underachievers even if one of them did win the superbowl last year. I still love them though.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ha! I've always stuck with the teams my father cheered for. Leafs, Steelers... and don't really watch any other sports...

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Going to the lil' old bar at the edge of town with a group of good friends.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Watching a playthrough of Megaman Powered Up and realizing the developers did one of the most awesome stealth puns when it came to Ice Man- they made his boss banter and other discussion phrases suggest he's BIPOLAR

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

Got Banjo-Kazooie and Viva Pinata for 360 today. I am a happy woman.

Not to mention... SUNDAY. I can have cake and stuff.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ha! I've always stuck with the teams my father cheered for. Leafs, Steelers... and don't really watch any other sports...
Mine are from the three places I've lived for a decent amount of time. Born in New Orleans, didn't live in Toronto but the Leafs were often on in upstate New York, and I currently live near Chicago. I just sort of started liking the teams popular in the areas at the time I started watching those sports.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Mine are from the three places I've lived for a decent amount of time. Born in New Orleans, didn't live in Toronto but the Leafs were often on in upstate New York, and I currently live near Chicago. I just sort of started liking the teams popular in the areas at the time I started watching those sports.
As long as you don't root for the Cubs :p

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey now everyone's allowed to like whatever teams they want, even the White Sox fans.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, actually most of the Cubs fans I know aren't that bothered by the Cards. It's a rivalry sure but not quite like the Sox and Cubs rivalry. Plus Cards and Cubs fans can always agree on some things, like hating the Brewers.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Heh, well while being in the same state, I'm far enough from Chicago that most people never even think of the Sox. As such, all we have are Cards and Cubs. Seriously, I had to look it up to make sure the White Sox were actually a Chicago team too x.x

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well I do kind of think of Chicago as being almost more of a separate state from the rest of Illinois. So it doesn't really surprise me any that you wouldn't think of the Sox. It's not like you regularly play them during interleague like the Cubs do.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Well I do kind of think of Chicago as being almost more of a separate state from the rest of Illinois. So it doesn't really surprise me any that you wouldn't think of the Sox. It's not like you regularly play them during interleague like the Cubs do.
Yes, the I-80 split is pretty... drastic to say the least. I believe both sides regularly joke about splitting the state :D I take it by "Close to Chicago" you mean above that.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah slightly above it, if I walk to the other side of the field behind my house I'm in Wisconsin.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Yeah slightly above it, if I walk to the other side of the field behind my house I'm in Wisconsin.
Heh, I could applaud your subtle humor, or I could call you a cheese head :p

Anywho, back to the giddies, perfect on my second paper, and for the first time in awhile I'm ahead of schedual.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Spent the first half of my snow day making gingerbread houses. Pics will be up later.